The City of Edmonton has extended the current extreme weather response. The weather activation will be extended to December 26, 2022.
- Learn to recognize the signs of hypothermia: uncontrollable shivering, drowsiness or exhaustion, confusion, fumbling hands, memory loss, or slurred speech; and a person with severe hypothermia may be unconscious and may not seem to have a pulse or to be breathing.
- Call 911 for someone in serious distress or in cases of emergency.
- Call 211, press 3 for 24/7 Crisis Diversion non-emergency support for shelter, intoxication and mental health.
- Our quick reference tool has steps you can take to help someone during the winter months.
- Agencies serving people experiencing homelessness are accepting monetary donations, as well as donations of warm clothing and winter gear. For a list of places to donate, please see: https://homewardtrust.ca/