Find out how you can prepare for an emergency at the 14th annual Get Ready in the Park: a free, informative and interactive community event — fun for the whole family.
Date: Saturday, May 6
Time: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Location: Edmonton EXPO Centre Grounds (South of the Edmonton EXPO Centre, 7515 118 Ave NW)
This event, highlighting the work of approximately 50 different groups from the regional emergency response community, will provide Edmontonians with emergency preparedness tips and an understanding of the resources available during a major emergency.
- Meet people who work on the frontlines.
- Learn how to keep your loved ones and pets safe.
- Find out about food safety tips during power outages.
- Learn how to prevent flooding at home.
- Discover how to create and practice a fire escape plan with your family.
- See search-and-rescue dogs in action.
- Get up close and personal with a fire truck and other emergency vehicles.
There will be plenty of on-site parking available. For public transportation routes, you can plan your trip using Edmonton Transit Service’s Trip Planner. Coliseum Station is the nearest LRT platform to the event grounds.
Get Ready in the Park is held every May during Canada’s Emergency Preparedness Week.